Funerals and COVID-19 Information
Wake Funeral and Cremation Services and Wake Memorial Park prioritize the health and well-being of our associates and guests. We understand this is a fluid situation and are monitoring and evaluating developments of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
We still believe that gathering and supporting one another at a time of loss is important while agreeing with the assessment of the CDC and the State of North Carolina that gatherings of 50 people or less is a prudent consideration. Therefore, all services will go on as scheduled, unless a family requests to reschedule or cancel.
We anticipate that attendance at services will decrease due to the public awareness. We do ask that those at risk or those not feeling well stay home, but reach out to the family via the memorial webpage on Wakefuneral.com. If you are attending services, please follow the CDC recommendations below.
In addition to communicating best health and safety practices to our associates and guests, Wake Funeral and Cremation Services has implemented enhanced cleaning throughout our locations:
· Associates have been reminded of and encouraged to use good hand hygiene and cough etiquette habits.
· Heightened daily disinfection practices for high-touch surfaces
We encourage you to follow the CDC recommendation to take the usual steps to help prevent the spread of illness:
· Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Cover your coughs and sneezes with your arm or inner elbow
· Avoid close contact with sick people
· Stay home when you are sick or not feeling well.